Ready or not, fall is coming. Before sweater weather and all things pumpkin spice arrive, there are some things you need to do to get your Farragut home ready for the season.
- Clean your gutters. It’s been a long time since last fall and that means there has been a lot of time for things to accumulate in your home’s gutters. Overflowing gutters can cause various types of damage, including roof damage, siding damage and mold issues in your Farragut home. Before those beautiful fall leaves, well, fall, make sure you clean the gutters on your Farragut home.
- Check caulking and weather seals. As your Farragut home weathers hot and cold weather, it causes it to expand and contract. This natural process causes weather seals to be compromised, which is why you should check the seals to ensure windows and doors have proper seals to prevent cold air and moisture from getting in this winter, and your warm air from escaping.
- Trim trees and shrubbery. Winter weather in Farragut fill in city Farragut can be unpredictable. Any types of dead branches or shrubbery can cause potential damage when the winter winds blow. Prevent any potential damage when the weather turns nasty by removing the dangers now.
- Change Batteries. Whether it’s the smoke detectors in your Farragut home, or carbon monoxide detectors, fall is a time to ensure all detectors have fresh batteries. As the Farragut (fill in city) nights get cold, fireplaces will see the first cozy fires of the season and HVACheating units will be switched on for the first time of the season, so ensure your family is protected by having functional smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your Farragut home.
- Perform HVAC system maintenance. Farragut HVAC company will tell you that it is imperative to conduct proper maintenance on any heating and cooling system. Not only will it ensure proper efficient operation, but it will also ensure safe operation. Improper operation can put your family in danger through carbon monoxide exposure. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a toxic gas that you cannot see or smell. CO is given off whenever fuel or other carbon-based materials are burned. CO usually comes from sources in or near your home that are not properly maintained or vented.
- Perform a roof inspection. Just like the brutal summer heat can cause damage to the weather seals on your Farragut home, the brutal summer heat also impacts the roof of your home. The extreme heat can cause asphalt shingles to crack and compromise the protection your roof has over your home, potentially exposing your home to moisture. When that moisture unknowingly enters your home, it causes the perfect environment for mold growth. Preventative maintenance now can save you a headache later.
- Consider a Safe-Dry maintenance plan. We understand that you are not interested in having your carpet cleaned, but rather in having clean carpet. For that reason, we have developed a maintenance subscription service. The advantage of this is two-fold: 1. Carpets stay clean year-round rather than just right after a cleaning before it gets tracked up again. 2. It is considerably cheaper to have quarterly maintenance cleanings done than to wait a year when you will need a deep cleaning done.
We have different plans, depending on how many surfaces you are interested in protecting. However, all of these come with the same professionalism, guaranteed work and convenience factor which you have hopefully already found with our normal cleanings.
Fall is a special time in Tennessee. Enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors and your pumpkin spice coffee inside while looking at freshly cleaned carpets that have been professionally cleaned with our patented hypo-allergenic process. Happy Fall Y’All from all of us at Safe-Dry Carpet Cleaning of Farragut.